What is to be expected from the Apple event on October 22, 2013? There are so many iPad rumors going on at this time. What would we likely be seeing in this announcement? Well, here is a wishlist of features…
– iPad Processing : 64 bit on par with the iPhone 5S; new A7x processors with many cores and GPUs. Sounds like a no-brainer. This will be “the device” and set new standards for mobile gaming or tablet gaming rather.
– iPad Display : On Mini a retina display would be fantastic. A Larger screen perhaps on the iPad? Not needed. There was a rumor I read about an iPad Maxi. Unlikely in my opinion.
– More memory : Those new 64 bit processors can definitely open up to (address) larger memory.
– Network : WiFi ‘ac’ support a possibility although iPhone5S(only supports upto ‘n’) does not have it but the new iMacs do. Bluetooth 4.x for sure.
– Finger print sensor : The mini and the regular iPad may have it similar to the iPhone 5S, iMHO. No more long pass codes on the iPad as well possibly.
– Cameras : How many people funnily enough hold out their massive iPads to take photos in not so commodious of places? Well I have seen many! This is probably not going to change when both the iPads have better front and back cameras. Again being wishful wishful…
– Lighter, smaller form-factor : Both iPads could be lighter and smaller and slicker as per Apple’s constant commitment to the aesthetic and design.
– Gold version of iPad and iPad mini: This might be the incentive for me to upgrade my iPad if it happens.
Well, with bated breath we look forward to the Apple event on the 22nd of October, 2013. I will summarize the revelations in this blog.
Meanwhile, lets enjoy our Gold iPhone 5S’s. Has anyone received theirs? My expected delivery end of this month (October 25-28).
– Gary Saggu
http://www.garysaggu.com – My other blog
http://www.garysaggu.net – Tech Blog
Gary Saggu has been coding since the 80’s. He has been programming in C, C++,C#, Java, Objective C and Swift for many years. He has an interest in tech startups, blockchain & big-data technologies. He is a certified Yoga instructor & a scuba diver.