Following are some of the top features of the new iPhone5S :-
- New Gold finish in addition to Silver and “Space Gray”. Gold looks great and is my choice of iPhone.
- New fingerprint identity sensor built into the home button. Fantastic technology that enables no more annoying passcodes to remember. Where do the fingerprints go? They are saved in a secure place in the CPU(more on this later). This topic is so vast that I will publish a new article for it in the future.
- Memory 16GB, 32GB or 64GB. I am suggesting the 64GB option for developers and hard-core users for the HD movies and 64bit code that carry a larger footprint.
- Dimensions are pretty much the same as the iPhone 5.
- New A7 64 bit CPU for running 32 bit and 64 bit applications. HD Movie editing on an iPhone, any takers? Apps that use floating point arithmetic like 3D and graphics (memory) intense applications will benefit immensely. Games too (especially from the Open GL-ES 3.0 support)
- New M7 Motion coprocessor aids in all the motion related activity monitoring (including gyroscope, GPS, accelerometer, compass etc.) unburdening the powerful 64 bit A7 with more meaningful tasks and saving power thereby.
- Supports all the major 802.11 a/b/g/n for WiFi. I was hoping for 802.11ac support but I knew that was asking a lot. Maybe next release iPhone 6? Definitely going on my wishlist.
- Apps: Lots of new 64 bit apps. iTunes has a radio option. Pages, Keynote and Numbers are free now! (for new buyers of iPhones)
- Display: Same retina display as iPhone 5.
- Camera: Enhanced with 8 megapixels with 1.5µ pixels. So much larger pixels thereby resulting in better photos. Also, aperture of f/2.2 means more light control and again better low light shots as well. The try-tone flash is a big improvement over the iPhone 5. I will present some photos soon to compare and contrast.
- Front-side Camera features 720p HD and 1.2MP photos with video stabilization.
- Video features for HD 1920p, 30fps and cool features like slow-motion.
In short, it is a great phone. 64GB Gold is my choice.
Gary Saggu has been coding since the 80’s. He has been programming in C, C++,C#, Java, Objective C and Swift for many years. He has an interest in tech startups, blockchain & big-data technologies. He is a certified Yoga instructor & a scuba diver.