As an developer, and a big fan of Apple toys, IMHO, the next release of the iPhone is probably coming up later this year. As I already gave my opinion on the Samsung Galaxy S4. Read article here.
Here are the top hardware features one can expect with iPhone 5S or iPhone 6. I think there shall be iPhone 5S before the 6!
– Display:I think the next version will not improve the widescreen which is still being adopted by the many apps on the AppStore. And the Apple Retina display rocks – even though Samsung is raising the bar on expectations.
– Processing: Major boost expected – more cores, faster.
– Sensors: Currently the iPhone 5 has a 3 axis gyro, accelerometer, proximity sensor and an ambient light sensor. There’s room to grow here. Especially with the Samsung S4 rumored to have eye tracking features. I think some biometric security additions could also come, or facial recognition, facial gestures – wow. Sounds like an exciting graduate school Computer Science project.
– Camera enhancements: Samsung S4 is rumored to have a 13M pixels rear camera so maybe in the same range or even better. One thing I personally want is an improvement in front facing camera definitely more resolution and lens. I think I use the front facing camera a lot more than I thought I would.
– Networking: Faster more reliable; LTE++
I will update this post as more things come to mind. Happy wishing to all Apple mobile hardware fans!
– Gary Saggu