Apple announced the new Homepod speaker for the home following Amazon and Google in the home speaker market with an AI based assistant at the WWDC2017.
- Siri is integrated(of course).
- I believe an Apple Music subscription will be needed for music; what about one’s own library? I will update details as they come out here.
- Spatial awareness helps it recognize the space it’s in to tune the sound also uses direct energy, enhancing ambient audio and background music.
- Homepod is powered by A8 chip that is also on the iPhone – So most likely it is running iOS behind the scenes and eventually this sdk may open up to developers.
- 7 tweeters and 1 4inch woofer under the acoustic mesh.
- Has a home kit base as well so can connect and control home kit devices via Siri
- Will ship in December 2017 for $349.
Gary Saggu has been coding since the 80’s. He has been programming in C, C++,C#, Java, Objective C and Swift for many years. He has an interest in tech startups, blockchain & big-data technologies. He is a certified Yoga instructor & a scuba diver. Visit Gary Saggu’s tech blog here. Check out my new app Yogamap.